Sunday 31 August 2014

Day 6- First trip on my own in Accra.

tro-tro parked near to Accra Mall (credits: Nicole Pelusio).




Today Emilie had to pass the whole day in the guesthouse for recording data and preparing protocols, whist I needed to make last provides and changing foreign currency in Cedi before starting to live in fish-farm. I was quite unconfident and frightened about that, because being woman and Owbrowny in this Country could be a disadvantage with less honest people.
After all explanations, advices and maps given by Emilie I did my first trip alone to the Accra Mall. I couldn’t imagine that the journey could be so much relaxing and interesting! After leaving the Kpong, the tro-tro slowed down because a large group of wild baboons was crossing the road: for a European is very outstanding seeing wild tropical animals like those outside captivity conditions and interacting with human life peacefully.
Once arrived to Accra Mall I had the time to make some shopping, change currency, fix my mobile and have a very relaxing African lunch eaten with hands.
Tilapia served with tomato sauce, chili sauce and banku (credits: Nicole Pelusio).

On the way of return to Akrade guesthouse in Pricon Lane, I had the chance also to see from tro-tro a crow going to a funeral: all men and women that knew the defunct person use to dress all in red and black, and also the place is decorated with drapes of the same colors.
Guesthouse in Akrade (credits: Nicole Pelusio).





After this journey I got more confident in how moving in the crow, getting public transports and behave with local people for enjoying much more this Country thanks to Emilie tour-operator! 

No comments:

Post a Comment