Tuesday 16 September 2014

Day 15- Sun bite and paddling.

Joining on bord with Felix and Michael checking the notes and data of the day (credits: Nicole Pelusio).



This morning Emilie joined me and Felix only in the morning, then before leaving the fish farm and Ghana for a couple of weeks she went in villages around for seeking some new materials for growth trial.
The sunlight was very hard, and made me a little sick since that on the wooden platform there was no shade where to have some repair.

New smaller platform with shade for repair (credits: Nicole Pelusio).


 In the late afternoon the big platform was finally removed for not affecting the water conditions in the cages, and another one shaded was tight to an anchor 20-50 meters away from the experiment site.



 After the last feeding session, Michael (another young feeder/mortality collector that join us often) and Felix let me trying paddling the traditional long canoe back to the shore…I was pretty bad in directing, since I was able only to drive it making circular movements! Then they helped me and finally I learned how to get it! As first paddling in Africa it was very funny and pleasant…Once arrived to the shore the new tools for feed-intake better were ready in the office for the following day.

Michael on  mahogany canoe (credits: Nicole Pelusio).


No comments:

Post a Comment